Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Margaritaville

When I lived in Chicago, I got more exposure to Mexican food and there was this cute Mom and Pop restraunt that served some delicious blended Margaritas. The fact that it was during my College years, they had $15 pitcher specials, and not to mention were conveniently located down the street, my friends and I became weekly regulars. Our favorite selection was a Strawberry Mango concoction that was like drinking a smoothie that left a good buzz. I never felt too guilty about it as I figured I was at least getting a full serving of my daily fruit right? WRONG! Little did I know that those seemingly innocent margaritas had more calories in them than I should have throughout a whole day, not to mention a ridiculous amount of sugar! Luckily I have created a healthier, satisfying, and hang over free selection just in time for a Cino De Mayo celebration. Save some calories, and drink in moderation because you know what they say about Tequila….(it makes your clothes come off)

Recipe:

1 oz Tequila
Soda Water
Splash Pineapple
Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice


No comments:

Post a Comment